Thursday, May 4, 2017

Lit Cirlce blog

In my book the year of the hangman I'm reading about a young man named Creighton..The main character, Creighton Brown is a boy around the time of revolutionary war . Creighton family is wealthy but lately, they have not had such “great fortune”. His father is no longer alive. Someone told creighton that his father had died during the book.In the book creighton gets kidnapped ,he reunites with his uncle, and joins the war.

Creighton(Main character) reminds me of my brother Cortez because.They both are troublemakers,they both make not so smart decisions,and both of their character traits describe each other.Another reason why creighton reminds me of my brother is because in the book creighton accidentally shot his friend with a loaded pistol!That moment reminded me of when my brother accidentally shot me with his brand new paintball gun for his birthday.

The Year of The Hangman by Gary Blackwood is an interesting book.People should read this book because.It talks about the revolutionary war and what happened during the war ,and also it talks about the time during the war.This book makes you think twice about life and it made me think about respecting my family my mom and my dad mainly.This  book is historical fiction and While it is a well known fact that the colonists won the Revolutionary War, this book talks about what it would have been like if the Colonists had lost. This book was published in 2002 and won the School Library Journal Best Book Award in 2002.

No comments:

Post a Comment