Friday, May 26, 2017

8th Grade speech.

“Friendship Matters!”
By:Jason Lovett

I believe that friendship is everything.

Just days ago on the hottest day of the year in the mid 80s I was playing online NBA 2k17 with my friend Brandon. There is no way to win the game it's basically just playing basketball over and over again to become the best player. While we were playing the game we got into a argument because I didn't like the way he was playing defense. .So I told him “You can not play defense,your trash, you can't do anything right” which was very mean for a person like me to say.

Brandon responds to me with “ Shut up ,you can't shoot your a ball hog”. I got mad and decided to turn the game off and go play outside for awhile. Later on in the day I got a text from one of my guy friends and he said you and Brandon are fighting? I said yeah because he's always doing something wrong. And my friend Jaden said “That's no reason to fight someone.”

I thought about what he said and decided to apologize to Brandon for me getting out of hand over a game.He accepted my apology and apologized back.

Our four year friendship almost went to waist over a video game. We almost got into a fist fight for no reason.That lesson taught me that friendship is everything. My friend Jaden spoke with both of us because he knew the thing we were arguing about was something little.

Most people I know wouldn't break up two boys from fight they would encourage each other to fight. So that was nice of Jaden to stop the conflict. I think it was a nice thing Brandon accepted my apology. In the future instead of cursing out my friend I'll think about our friendship and ask myself  “Is it worth it?”

Now every time I play with my friends on Xbox Live, I rather say positive things instead of saying rude sayings that could end a good friendship.

No comments:

Post a Comment