Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Night Blog.!


Focus Question: How do Elie's experiences during the Holocaust change him as a person?


Elie Wiesel changed many ways from the beginning of the book to the end.In the beginning of the book Elie Wiesel had faith in god he was a very pious boy in the beginning of the “Night” book. As I was reading I found a quote that stated. “One day I asked my father to find me a master to guide me in my studies of the Cabala.” This shows that he is searching for a person to teach him about the almighty one (God). But in the book he stops believing God,he questions god and he gets upset with him. “For the first time I felt revolt,rise up in me.Why should I bless his name? The Eternal, Lord of the Universe,the All-powerful one and terrible,was silent.What had I to thank him for ?”

Wiesel has lost a lot of hope also throughout the book,one quote I found when he had a lot of hope was on page 30. “ My forehead was bathed in cold sweat.But I told him that I did not believe that they could burn people in our age,that humanity would never tolerate it.” And on and on with the book he started losing hope. “Father,I said ,if that is so, I don't want to wait here.Im going to run to the electric wire.That would be better than slowly agony in the flames.”(31). That quote shows that he lost faith he just wanted to die and didn't even have faith in surviving.

Last but not  least Elie Wiesel relationship with his father has changed a lot their relationship has gotten stronger.In the beginning of the book Wiesel said. “My hand shifted on my father's arm.I had one thought - not to lose him.Not to be left alone.”(27). Another quote is “I wanted to see first where they were sending my father.” Those quotes show that he love his dad and doesn't want anything or anyone to hurt him. “I gave him what was left of my soup.But it was with a heavy heart.” For Elie to give his soup to his father so that he can survive is heart touching,he can die from starvation but he chooses to save his father's life before his. This shows that he has much love for his father,more than anything and anyone else.

     
Wiesel, Elie. Night. New York: Bantam , 1958. Print.





No comments:

Post a Comment