Thursday, October 27, 2016

1st quater Reflections

In my 10 book challenge I have read numerous amount of books ,Such as The Giver,   Captain underpants,Diary of a wimpy kid ,and more but My goal is to get to 10 and I'm at 4 !and it's only the First Quarter.I am  also a quick reader but I only like to read book that interest me.I think I can read 20 books before the school year is over .20 books isn't Hard to do but it is certainly not easy especially if  I'm reading Chapter books it would kind of be a Challenge.


A strategy that has helped me throughout this quarter is annotating because the first time I read the giver I really didn't get it .And that's because I didn't annotate because the second time I read The giver I understood it much more .Annotating helps me when I need to go back in the book in pick out text evidence .But when you don't annotate it kind of takes longer to find evidence in the book .And not only with the giver but I noticed myself annotating with another book .Probably because I got use to doing it I'm good on annotating but I prefer to do it on paper instead of sticky notes because of my personal opinions.
1.It looks crazy , 2.Its Not in the way when you are trying to read , 3.You have more space to write what you want .


My goals in English language arts for the next three quarters is becoming a better writer and completing all of my work in school and out .Those are my main goals because in College I'm going to have to write essays and I don't want to have a bad essay because that will affect my grade and it can affect my Basketball ball career. And of course turning in all my work and homework that's for the rest of my school years .If I don't stop lacking from where I am right now I might end up and 8th grade again.And I do not want that. Failing and failure is not in my dictionary.I want to succeed in all my classes of only ELA .But I need to know ELA and of course math those two are the Main objects I need for the rest of my life. Because I need to know how to read write and speak ,Math I need to know how to count ,add ,subtract and multiply (I know how ).





No comments:

Post a Comment